Through Newfoundland and Labrador Housing
Corporation (NLHC), PHRP is designed to provide funding to:
- assist homeowners with low income who require repairs to their homes;
- bring dwellings up to minimum fire and life safety standards, with improvements in basic heating, electrical and plumbing services;
- for applicants who require accessibility changes, please apply under the Home Modification Program (HMP).
Who is eligible?
- Homeowners with low income (an annual household income of $32,500 or less) requiring repairs to their dwellings.
- Except in the case of emergency PHRP, the
client must have owned and occupied the property
for a minimum of five (5) years.
- There is a lifetime assistance cap of $12,500.
- An application for a second project can be submitted after seven (7) years have passed.
What types of repairs are eligible?
Repairs necessary to maintain a dwelling for continuous safe occupancy. This may include:
- heating, electrical or plumbing systems;
- deteriorated structures, foundations, windows, doors, roofing or siding.
Forgivable/Repayable Grant and/or Loan Funding
NLHC provides funding to eligible homeowners in
the form of forgivable and repayable loans. Funding
is limited to the costs associated with repairs.
Forgivable loan funding is available for homeowners
up to a maximum of $5,000 [$6,500 in Labrador]. Repairs exceeding these levels may be addressed under a repayable loan of up to $12,500 [$15,000 in Labrador].
Client Selection/Delivery Process
- Priority will be given to first time applicants.
- Emergencies are also treated as a priority.
For further information about the Provincial Home Repair Program, please contact staff at the regional office nearest you:
|Avalon Regional Office